Saturday, April 29, 2006

Reflecting on My Blessings


It has been a pretty weird past couple of weeks for me. Actually a weird past couple of months. I was Laid off from a job I loved after 3.5 years, rode some emotional roller coasters, have been sick, (twice now) without any insurance. Just tryin' to maintain.
Lots of people have it alot worse than I do, and I realize that, but I am determined to keep a good attitude. Sure, when you just want to scream it is sometimes very difficult to NOT scream. Even for me. I do not anger easily, but when I get to a certain point, well, I suppose I'm a normal (halfway) human.
I must say however, that in the face of all this adversity, I have managed to get a total of 4 interviews, keep all my bills paid and on time, and some food in the house. I am not giving up. There are people who are not as fortunate as even I am. I pray for those people.
I have family and friends who love me, hug me, encourage me, spend time with me, and feed me. What more can I ask for? That alone is priceless. There are some things in this life that i firmly believe that you cannot put a price tag on. Its not all about money. I have 2 great sons that I am extremely proud of and are both at this time doing fine. Plus I have those other adorable little guys in my life each week for a few hours.
God has brought me this far. I cannot dwell on all the bad things. If I did, I would be mad, unable to laugh, self absorbed and bitter. Instead I know that when I fled my former life almost 4 years ago, I landed fine. There is absolutely no reason for me to doubt now, that God will somehow forget me. He didn't bring me this far to leave me.
The future, while uncertain, I am sure is filled with good things. I don't know when they will happen, or what they will be, only God knows that. I trust him. In HIS time. not mine. I will be delivered once again. I know this. My life's story is only just NOW beginning. The REAL HORRORS of my past are gone, and I shall never repeat them.
I love you guys. I know there have been times (especially recently) where I may not of been the kind of friend that I usually am, and for that I apologize. I guess I handle my shit a little different, more on the downlow so to speak, and I apologize if I have hurt anyones feelings. I deserve my down time just like every one else. Staying off the computer chatting, actually has been pretty theraputic for me. I have learned to burn CD's and use other prgrams that allow me to make slideshows with all these damn pics I have taken recently, with my music. I also found a CD with all my old pics from when the kids were little and I look forward to making some neat slideshows with those particular pictures.
I have just been trying to get a handle on my life's circumstances and learn new things, and I don't believe any of you expect an apology for that.
You all have encouraged my nonsense, you have gotten "mad" at me, and forgiven me, you have taken the time out of your lives to type things to me that are from your hearts, and I appreciate that more than any of you will ever realize. You guys are a part of my blessings, and I am thankful for you too.
I took this pic back in 1999 during a visit to South Carolina. Had a fun time on that trip. I had never been on a rowboat through a swamp before.

9 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Lily, this post truly made me cry. I related a lot to it, I am sure so many others can too. You are a very strong woman, with a good heart.
The ability to still manage to see your blessings through all of life's diversities, is very hard. Your reflections are beautiful and this post really struck a chord with me.
You are not only counting your blessings, you show heartfelt compassion for everyone else who can't see their own, or who have lost their way.
I don't know if you realize how telling this post was, but it really sums up what a beautiful soul you have and you also, "walk the talk" reflected in your writings, photographs and comments toward others, which makes this post ever more so real.

God Bless you Lil.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Serenity said...

Your post is so touching Lilly. You are a good, kind, compassionate soul and I am so glad to know you. I understand your need to step away from all the chatting to learn and discover new things. If you don't, chat becomes your world and you get lost in it and it brings you down. You seem so happy now and I love to see that in you.

I love ya Lilly.. and I know that you also understand my need to step away at times too. Thank you for such a wonderful post.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Aye said...

"being confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will complete it"

Great post, Lilly. I'm going to save it for the next time you say you can't really write. I love that you give props to God for bringing you through, that you have learned from your past, and are optimistic about your future. Thankful to your family and friends, and apoligetic about not being "there" so much as you sometimes are. The true colors of your heart show through your words.

We all deal with our changing lives in our own way. That was a bit of what the post Different that I did on March 18th (putting the full date cuz while I know you can do links in the comments, I'm not 100% sure how to get 'em to work right... I'm trying a "different" way this time LMAO damn I'm too easily amused) was about.

Same way as me, even if we don't get to catch up with you, always I still manage to keep up with you via these here blogs. Even if I don't make a comment, you know I'm always keeping up, that goes for all of you. I suppose those of you with your little invisible chicken javascript counters already know that, though, LMAO!!!

Love and good thoughts and wishes to you, Mz. Brightside!!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Aye said...

WHOOOOO HOOOOO!!! Me HTML worked for once!!! LOL!!!

2:58 PM  
Blogger susan said...

Thank you Lilly.
Do you think hard times makes us strong? It %$#*&*@ well better, I'ed hate to waste it. Hahaha!
Yes, you are blessed, aren't we all...

3:07 PM  
Blogger susan said...

I kissed him on the lips. Java man!

3:10 PM  
Blogger me said...

SO thats the invisible chicken ah ha! That's it? Oh man. I thought it was something cool. I could give a hoot who goes to me blog. Other then you guys...I got no invizzeeble chicken. Thanks AYe and yep your link worked cool.

Hey Lil, heard ya having been feeling well...I may have a cure for ya! He's on me blogey....all buckled up for ya!

hehehe

10:13 PM  
Blogger susan said...

Hope your feeling better Lilly.
Reading over your post again, I would say, "The best is yet to come", and it will, you'll see.
"Reflecting on My Blessings", I try my best to do just that, every morning, night, and noon.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Aye said...

Interesting........... seems as though someone has been cleaning house!!! Told ya I was saving this post!!! LOL!!!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home