Friday, June 30, 2006

Tresspassing on Railroad Right-of-Way

N.C.G.S. 14-280.1

Did enter and remain on a railroad right-of-way, without having the consent of the railroad company, person operating the railroad or without authority granted pursuant to State or Federal law.

NOTE (b) Crossings. - Nothing in this section shall apply to a person crossing the railroad right-of way at a public or private crossing.
(c) Legally Abandoned Rights-of-Way. - This section shall not apply to any right-of-way that has been legally abandoned pursuant to an order of federal or state agency having jurisdiction over the right-of-way and is not eing used for railroad services.

This is what a transit cop gave to me, after I explained that I was at the "Depot" taking pics for a book I planned on publishing on train tracks. hahahahhaha..

I was not violating any laws, however it is good to know what the laws are. I didn't get a ticket, or arrested, just a photocopy of the statute. I thanked him for the helpful information and got the hell out of there.

I am a law abiding citizen of the State of North Carolina. But for the record, if I ever get arrested it sure as hell won't be for Tresspassing on Railroad Right-of Ways. LMMFAO!!
Cops... *rolling my eyes*




2 Comments:

Blogger Aye said...

Haha, I had a bad moment when I first started reading this!!! That was the intended effect, huh??? Told you to watch out for that "yard bull", didn't I??? Is this a Legally Abandoned Rights-of-Way??? You know he's just trying to keep you from getting squished by train cars, hope you told him you appriciate his concern but you're really not a dumbass!!! Oh, and it'd probably be a good idea to carry that statute with you when you go out there.

Oh yea, some great pics again!!! BTW, I noticed that you didn't seem to properly signature my favorite, the low tracks shot.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Lilly said...

Yeah, told them I was familiar with "yard bulls"... I was messin' with those guys JUST ENOUGH. I went to the line several times, but never crossed it. I think my t-shirt that said "There is definately something wrong with me" on it helped alot. haha.
Once again, I didn't put my really good stuff up. I didn't sign that one you liked? Hmmm I'm getting slack in my old age.
Thank you as always, for being my biggest "fan", aye.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home