Saturday, July 22, 2006

More Nature (Sort of)


Ok, since the nature pics didn't do it for ya, maybe this will.
This is an actual recipe out of a book. (See Pic)

Fried Squirrel

Make sure all the hair is cleaned off the squirrel. Cut it up. If it's old and tough put it in the pressure cooker for about 15-20 minutes. Salt and pepper it.

Cover with flour and fry in a cast iron skillet, on a medium fire until brown and tender.

This is a real sweet meat.

(This is my favorite part of the recipe, of course they are referring to putting gravy on it, but nonetheless.. hahaha)

You can smother a squirrel just like a chicken!

3 Comments:

Blogger Aye said...

A real sweet meat, huh??? Funny, I always had 'em figured as kind of tasteless!!! At any rate, I think I'd have to be pretty hard up for that to start looking good to me, anyway!!!

Smother a squirrel just like a chicken *making a note*

Wonder if that means you could choke a squirrel just like.... Oh, never mind!!!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Memphis said...

Mmm mmm, luv me sum fried squirrel!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Lilly said...

I would rather starve to death or eat goat ass than a tree rat.

Thanks for stoppin' by memphis steve!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home