Friday, November 10, 2006

Lillian White's New Squirrels

Hmm.. Where do I begin? First I want to say thank you for the good thoughts during my transition. Its been quite an adventure! God blessed me with a job and a house on the same day. I dunno about you, but I find that quite amazing. How many people do you know that has had that happen?

I am loving my new job!! I have no idea what I am doing, but I go there, and they pay me. That's cool. I have today off. My first paid holiday! YAY!! I get 4 more before the end of the year! (Don't hate)

Ahhh, my house. Its great. IF YOU LIKE SQUIRRELS!!!!! When I first got here, I noticed that everytime I walked by a certain heat vent I heard a strange noise. Upon further inspection (by a friend holding a lighter up to the vent) it was clear what the noise was. A BABY TREE RAT!! Naturally, I was like OMFG! Of course, that didn't stop the move from going on. I wasn't concerned about that little bastard one bit. I had shit to move!!!

For all you squirrel lovers out there, don't fret!!! We have my friend Allen to give thanks to for saving the little vermin. Upon hearing its desperate cries for help, and I mean, that little fucker made some CRAZY sounds in there, Allen immediately took the vent off the wall and let the little fucker out. Inspite of my screams of "Don't let that little bastard out in my house!!!" I remember Allen calling me a Squirrel killer several times as he twisted off the screws on the vent. Once the little bastard got free, he ran into every wall in here several times then and FINLLY he disappeared up under the stove. Great Allen, thanks dude. I owe ya one.

We had to keep on moving, and when we got back, the little bastard was out cowering in the corner. Allen tried to catch him with his coat. No use. I admit I was laughing my ass off watching this and at the same time freaking out wondering if baby squirrel had pissed and shit in my new place while we were gone!!! Finally the little bastard ran out the back door! WHEW!

That wasn't the end of it however. Oh Noooo. I was rudely awakened to the sound of NUTS ROLLING around on my ceiling one sleepy Sunday morning!!! NUTS ROLLING AROUND ON MY CEILING!! WTF!! Yes, there are squirrels in my fucking attic!!!! To be continued...

3 Comments:

Blogger Memphis said...

We have squirrels and raccoons, but so far they're just on the roof. I hear them running as I'm lying in bed trying to sleep. The squirrels are loud enough, what with their track meets up there, but the raccoons are horrible.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Lilly said...

I hope they stay on the roof steve! Once they get in, its too late.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Dontcha think squirrels in the attic is bettah than, bats in your belfry??

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home